You can do these three exercises anywhere! You don’t need a mat and your spine and hips will thank you.
- Set yourself up on all fours with hands under shoulders and knees under hips. Start by breathing out and rounding the spine, then breathe in and arch the spine the other way.
- Imagine your abdominal Sare drawing up to your spine and your shoulders are drawing away from your ears.
Single leg catstretch
- The same as the previous movement but as you round the spine pull one knee into your chest and as you open the spine take that same knee and entire leg up towards the sky. Think of engaging the gluteus as this happens.
Thread the needle
- Take one arm out to the side and then open the arm and chest towards the sky as you take a big breath in.
- On the breathe out thread that same hand between the opposing hand and knee, this will rotate the spine giving you a great stretch across the upper back
- Really focus on the breathing through this exercise as it will enhance the rotation that you get through the spine.