This is my favourite summer salad!! Itʼs filling, fresh and delicious!!
What you’ll need:
- 2 ripe mangos
- 500g of boiled chicken breast (if you’re poor on time you can buy a bbq chicken and shred it up)
- 3 full cups of spinach leaves
- 1 avocado diced
- 6 stems of asparagus chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 cup of walnuts or macadamias
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Juice of 1 small lemon or half a large lemon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
Heat oven to 160 degrees.
Bring water to the boil on stove top and add chicken breast. Simmer until chicken is just cooked through.
Roughly chop nuts and toss in maple syrup, pop on a tray with baking paper and cook in oven for 5 minutes until lightly toasted.
Whilst chicken is simmering dice up mangoes, asparagus and avocados into 1-2cm pieces.
Pop asparagus into a cup of boiling water for two mins max and then rinse under cold water and drain.
Chop/shred chicken into desired size.
Add all ingredients with spinach into a large salad bowl and gently toss through.
Mix dressing together with a whisk or in an empty jar and poor over salad to serve.
ENJOY THIS SUMMER SALAD :))